Here's a quick 15 minute resolution that's a simple but super effective way to put the power of CraigsList to work generating free leads.
No spam, no expensive software and best of all...hardly no time is involved!
Everyone in real estate has probably tried to use Craigslist to buy or sell real estate; it's powerful, free and frequently used by people throughout the entire nation. Unfortunately, it's also slow, behind the times and a major drain on time for those that try to sort through pages and pages of dull links and competitors advertisements.
Now it's possible to change all that with just 15 minutes of time and these quick steps:
1. Visit Google keywords or any of your favorite keyword finder to create a list of real estate/short sale related keywords. Great examples might include "motivated seller", "commercial property", "investment income" or any other relevant words that signify the type of property you are seeking.
2. Visit www.Craigslist.com and select the state and city of your choice. Copy the url exactly as it appears in the url address bar.
3. Visit the Google Advanced Search page at http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
- In the second line of the advanced search (where is says "this exact wording or phrase") type in the keywords previously outlined one at a time.
- Scroll down the advanced search page to the bottom where it says "Search within a site or domain" and put the Craigslist.com url exactly as it appears in the address bar.
- Indicate the number of listings, whether you would like to receive results via email (or forward to your phone) and other parameters such as price.
Viola'...that's it! Now you are ready to start receiving instant leads via Craigslist for free. Not only will this save time and money when working with Craigslist but it's a simple way to begin building a contact list in your local area or across the nation.
For additional information, simply enter your name and email address below for timely real estate investing tips, information and cutting-edge marketing strategies to help you become a better investor. You'll receive your FREE real estate investing newsletter. Learn two dozen investor mistakes to avoid. Most importantly, we'll notify you about the up and coming investment club meeting.